Premier Group of Companies (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is a leader in the Specialty Insurance industry. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Commercial Lines, Cambridge
POSITION: Underwriter, Fleet and Garage
In this position at our Branch Office in Cambridge, you will underwrite and service our Fleet and Garage Auto business. With a mandate to grow the portfolio while maintaining exceptional working relationships with our brokers this position requires a candidate with strong technical and underwriting expertise. The incumbent should be an adept communicator to confidently respond to and resolve broker inquiries, and someone who is capable of making operational decisions with autonomy within your level of authority.
- Apply standard rates, calculate premiums, and underwrite new business, renewals, endorsements, and cancellations
- Assess and evaluate more complex risks and apply effective pricing and underwriting standards
- Liaison with brokers to verify information, explain and interpret coverage
- Develop superior relationships with brokers
- Underwrites manually rated policies.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Three to five years of related underwriting experience is preferred
- CIP or working towards completing CIP
- A high standard of service in handling broker queries on new accounts
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Vary based on qualifications of applicant.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Founded in 1989, Premier Group is Head quartered in Vancouver, with branch locations in Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, San Diego, Maryland and a subsidiary company with offices in Seattle and Santa Rosa. With over 160 employees, Premier Group of Companies includes Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and the various specialty insurance products we offer - www.premiergroup.ca
When you join Premier, you launch a career. We work with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional medical, dental, and vision care; life insurance; etc.