Premier (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is a leader in the Specialty Insurance industry. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Marine Pleasurecraft/Recreational Department, Vancouver
POSITION: Jr Underwriter
In this position at our Vancouver office, you will assist to underwrite, manage and develop our Marine portfolio nationally. With the mandate to help the Team to grow profitability while maintaining exceptional working relationships with our brokers. This position requires a candidate with a strong potential to learn and develop their technical underwriting expertise to provide support within the Marine team. The incumbent will eventually be an adept communicator to confidently respond to and resolve broker inquiries, and someone who will eventually be capable of making operational decisions with autonomy within your level of authority.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- 1-3 years of any Insurance experience or an office setting would be an asset
- CIP or considering working towards completing CIP courses would be an asset
- A strong belief in high standard of customer service and ability to work in a team first environment
- Strong General Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Outlook, Excel is required as well as ability to learn in house online quoting tools and new software as required
- Attention to detail and instructions, quick thinking and a problem-solving nature would be a good fit
- Able to perform under pressure while multitasking
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Founded in 1989, Premier is Head quartered in Vancouver, with branch locations in Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, San Diego, Maryland and a subsidiary company with offices in Seattle and Santa Rosa. With over 160 employees, Premier includes Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and the various specialty insurance products we offer - www.premiergroup.ca.
When you join Premier, you launch a career. We work with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional medical, dental, and vision care; life insurance; etc.