Premier Group of Companies (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is a leading specialty insurance Managing Underwriting Agency. With five offices across Canada, our team is committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that leads to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Personal Lines, Vancouver
POSITION: Recreational Underwriter
In this position, you will underwrite and service our Recreational Personal Lines business in the Western Region from our fast-paced Vancouver office. With a mandate to grow, develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with our brokers, the incumbent should be an adept communicator to respond to and resolve broker inquiries confidently. The successful candidate will be capable of making operational decisions with autonomy within their level of authority while maintaining service standards.
- Working towards or willingness to obtain CIP or other professional insurance designation if not already obtained
- Minimum of 1-2 years of personal lines underwriting, or experienced Personal Lines Broker
- Minimum level 1 insurance license or willingness to obtain within 30 days
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to select, underwrite and manage new business, renewals and endorsements for marine, motorcycle, off-road vehicle, vacation trailer, and potentially other specialized personal lines accounts
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace including a sound knowledge of broker/insurance company relationships and the ability to apply this to the Underwriting of an account
- Professional communication, time-management and organizational skills
- Engaged team member willing to work with teammates to complete tasks
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Competitive compensation package varies based on qualifications of the applicant (full time, paid vacation, extended health and dental benefits).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Founded in 1989, Premier Group of Companies is Head quartered in Vancouver. Premier Group has branch locations in Toronto, London, Laval, San Diego, Seattle, and a subsidiary company in Santa Rosa California, with over 160 employees. Premier Group of Companies includes Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and the various specialty insurance products we offer - www.premiergroup.ca