Premier Group of Companies (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is a leader in the Specialty Insurance field. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Personal Lines, Vancouver
POSITION: Underwriter (Personal Lines)
In this position you will underwrite and service our Personal Lines business in the Western Region, with a mandate to grow, and to develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with our brokers. The incumbent should be an adept communicator to confidently respond to and resolve broker inquiries, and someone who is capable of making operational decisions with autonomy within your level of authority.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Working towards or willingness to obtain CIP
- Minimum of 2- 4 years of personal lines underwriting
- Minimum level 1 insurance license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to select, underwrite and manage specialized personal lines and/or marine accounts
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Sound knowledge of broker/insurance company relationships and the ability to apply this to the Underwriting of an account
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Vary based on qualifications of applicant.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Founded in 1989, Premier Marine Insurance is Head quartered in Vancouver. Premier has branch locations in Toronto, London, Seattle, and a subsidiary company in Santa Rosa, California. Staff count for the group is currently 160 and growing. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients.