Premier Group of Companies is a leader in the Specialty Insurance field. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that leads to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Commercial Lines, London
POSITION: Underwriter, Fleet and Garage
In this position at our Branch Office in downtown London, you will underwrite and service our Fleet and Garage Auto business. With a mandate to grow the portfolio while maintaining exceptional working relationships with our brokers this position requires a candidate with strong technical and underwriting expertise. The incumbent should be an adept communicator to confidently respond to and resolve broker inquiries, and someone who is capable of making operational decisions with autonomy within your level of authority.
- Apply standard rates, calculate premiums, and underwrite new business, renewals, endorsements, and cancellations
- Assess and evaluate more complex risks and apply effective pricing and underwriting standards
- Liaison with brokers to verify information, explain and interpret coverage
- Develop superior relationships with brokers
- Underwrites manually rated policies.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Three to five years of related underwriting experience is preferred
- CIP or working towards completing CIP
- A high standard of service in handling broker queries on new accounts
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Vary based on qualifications of applicant.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Founded in 1990, Premier Marine Insurance is Head quartered in Vancouver. Premier has branch locations in Toronto, London, Seattle, and a subsidiary company in Santa Rosa, California. Staff count for the group is currently 130 and growing. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients.