Premier (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is one of Canada’s largest Managing Underwriting Agencies. A leader in the Specialty Insurance industry, 100% Canadian owned. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization, our valued employees, our partners and clients.
Whether you’re starting your career or taking it to the next level, Premier offers a unique environment for you to grow & succeed. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
POSITION: Commercial Auto Underwriter
In this position at our Branch Office in Cambridge, you will underwrite and service our Fleet and Garage Auto business. With a mandate to grow the portfolio while maintaining exceptional working relationships with our brokers/agents, this position requires a candidate with strong technical and underwriting expertise. The incumbent should be an adept communicator to confidently respond to and resolve broker/agent inquiries, and someone who is capable of making operational decisions with autonomy within your level of authority.
- Apply standard rates, calculate premiums, and underwrite new business, renewals, endorsements, and cancellations.
- Assess and evaluate more complex risks and apply effective pricing and underwriting standards
- Liaison with brokers/agents to verify information, explain and interpret coverage.
- Develop superior relationships with brokers/agents
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Three to five years of related underwriting experience is preferred
- CIP or working towards completing CIP
- A high standard of service in handling broker/agent queries on new accounts.
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Founded in 1989, Premier is head quartered in Vancouver, with 5 additional offices located across Canada - Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, and Calgary. With over 150 employees, Premier’s companies include Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and our unique specialty insurance products. www.premiergroup.ca
When you join Premier, you join a growing organization that’s focused on providing first class innovative insurance solutions! We will collaborate with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional health, medical, dental, vision care and life insurance; etc.