Premier (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is one of Canada’s largest Managing Underwriting Agencies. A leader in the Specialty Insurance industry, 100% Canadian owned. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization, our valued employees, our partners and clients.
Whether you’re starting your career or taking it to the next level, Premier offers a unique environment for you to grow & succeed. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
POSITION: Director of Quebec, Laval
We are looking for someone who will lead our growing Quebec region into the future. We need a dynamic individual who can leverage all of our existing resources and talent to help us expand. Do you have the drive and the leadership experience to take this exciting role on? If you do, then we have a great position for you to work in a professional agile dynamic environment with a competitive compensation plan.
Job accountabilities will include:
In this position for our Branch Office in Laval (with the assistance of our Executive Team) you will play a critical part in enhancing and developing Premier’s reputation with Quebec broker force. Simultaneously you will be responsible for building the team as the portfolio of business continues to expand for the Quebec region.
This position requires a candidate with strong technical and underwriting expertise. The incumbent should be an adept communicator to confidently respond to and resolve broker inquiries, and someone who is capable of making leadership and operational decisions with autonomy within your level of authority.
- Lead and continue to develop all underwriting teams. Assisting them with underwriting business
- Ensuring alignment of individual roles and performance with our business model
- Establish and promote a team environment based on high trust and performance
- Work with Executive for Broker relationship building, creating promotional material for the benefit of internal teams and external brokers. Assisting with presenting/attending/creating Broker Seminars
- Work with Executive on emerging claims issues and loss experience/trends
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- CIP / AMF License
- 3-5 years management experience
- 5-10 years of company underwriting experience preferred (commercial and/or personal)
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Must be fully bilingual – written and spoken (English/French))
- Sound knowledge of broker/insurance company relationships and the passion/drive to build up a book of business and team
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Dynamic personality and willingness to maintain professional appearance and conduct. Ability to leave a positive impression with brokers
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure
Founded in 1989, Premier is head quartered in Vancouver, with 5 additional offices located across Canada - Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, and Calgary. With over 135 employees, Premier’s companies include Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and our unique specialty insurance products. www.premiergroup.ca
When you join Premier, you join a growing organization that’s focused on providing first class innovative insurance solutions! We will collaborate with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional health, medical, dental, vision care and life insurance; etc.