Premier (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is a leader in the Specialty Insurance industry. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Personal Lines, Calgary Virtual Office
POSITION: Underwriter (Personal Lines)
In this position you will underwrite and service our Personal Lines business, with a mandate to grow, and to develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with our brokers/agents. The incumbent should be an adept communicator to confidently respond to and resolve inquiries, and someone who is capable of making operational decisions with autonomy within your level of authority.
- Working towards or willingness to obtain CIP
- General Insurance License; preference will be given to those with a Level 2 license
- Minimum of 2-4 years of personal lines underwriting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to select, underwrite and manage specialized personal lines
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Sound knowledge of insurance company relationships and the ability to apply this to the underwriting of an account
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Founded in 1989, Premier is Head quartered in Vancouver, with branch locations in Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, San Diego, Maryland and a subsidiary company with offices in Seattle and Santa Rosa. With over 160 employees, Premier includes Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and the various specialty insurance products we offer - www.premiergroup.ca
When you join Premier, you launch a career. We work with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional medical, dental, and vision care; life insurance; etc.