Premier (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is one of Canada’s largest Managing Underwriting Agencies. A leader in the Specialty Insurance industry, 100% Canadian owned. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization, our valued employees, our partners and clients.
Whether you’re starting your career or taking it to the next level, Premier offers a unique environment for you to grow & succeed. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
LOCATION: Any location (preference is Vancouver HQ)
POSITION: Strategy & Innovation (S&I) Manager
Our organization is seeking a S&I Manager to join our Team. This position can be based in any one of our locations (with preference to be in Vancouver, HQ).
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Strategy & Innovation.
The Manager, Strategy & Innovation is responsible for managing key enterprise-wide projects that will fulfill that direction, particularly in the areas of digitalization & innovation including oversight & development of PRESTO.
This individual will take a key leadership role in executing the digital vision and plan, affect change and drive the successful execution of initiatives to evolve and refine the plan to meet changing business needs.
- Provide strategic and operational support to leadership and business stakeholders in preparing and delivering system solutions for insurance operations.
- Be the resident expert for digital innovations. Interact externally with experts, industry leaders and peers to stay on top of what is happening in digital innovation.
- Strong communication and ability to translate vision, findings and recommendations to senior leadership to gain alignment, affect change and influence long term insurance strategies.
- In partnership with all other IT, operations and functional teams, continuously identify opportunities to improve digital capabilities and the digital experience.
- Responsible for managing technical projects in support of business goals and strategic objectives. This includes trouble-shooting, impact analysis and building relationships with external technical vendors.
- Develop, test, implement and evaluate systems application solutions, collaborating with business operations to translates business objectives into systems requirements.
- Design, document specifications, and perform user acceptance testing for system changes.
- Degree in Business Administration, Technology or a related field is preferred
- 5+ years of relative and proven insurance experience with business analysis, change management, and project management, with the ability to identify/define gaps, risks and requirements.
- Proven understanding of insurance processes and models including best practices, back office processes, and the end-to-end workflows across all operational areas.
- Experience in gathering and writing detailed business/functional requirements and test scenarios based upon business needs.
- Knowledge of the design of information systems, with the ability to assist the direction of multiple complex projects to their successful conclusion.
- Ability to influence across the organization at multiple levels, particularity around strategic issues digital/technology roadmap, and change management.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while operating under tight time constraints with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written, and presentational.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution, and relationship management.
- Bilingual – French is a nice to have
Founded in 1989, Premier is head quartered in Vancouver, with 5 additional offices located across Canada - Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, and Calgary. With over 135 employees, Premier’s companies include Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and our unique specialty insurance products. www.premiergroup.ca
When you join Premier, you join a growing organization that’s focused on providing first class innovative insurance solutions! We will collaborate with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional health, medical, dental, vision care and life insurance; etc.