EXTERNAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
In the course of it’s operations as a Managing Underwriting Agency, Premier collects, uses and discloses personal information for the purpose of:
- underwriting, rating and processing of insurance policies and payments
- evaluating, settling and paying claims
- detecting and preventing fraud or criminal activity
- analyzing trends and business results
- complying with applicable laws and governing bodies
Because it is important for you to disclose any and all information required by an insurer to provide the insurance coverage that best suits you, you have the right to know that your information will be used for the purpose set out. Premier takes the utmost care to protect personal information from unauthorized access or use whether in electronic or paper format and limits access to only those employees and service providers that require the information to carry out these tasks.
This information may be collected:
- Directly, such as when reporting a claim
- Through your insurance representative, such as completing an application or request for insurance
- Through a third party providing services such as inspections or appraisals, claims history reports, witness statements
Provided the individual to whom the personal information pertains:
- Has been informed of the specific purposes, for which the information is to be collected used and disclosed;
- Has consented to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes identified to him or her at or prior to the time of collection.
Premier Privacy Officer – Karen Hopkins-Lee
Mailing address – 1700 – 601 W. Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1M8
Phone # 604-669-5211
If we are unable to address your question or concern in a satisfactory fashion as it relates to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, you may contact Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.